To Our 413 Family,
Although the coronavirus is creating worldwide panic, we wanted to share some good news with you!
First: You’ve done everything you can to prepare yourself for any sickness. Strong, fit people are hard to kill; and they bounce back fast! You take care of yourself, you eat well and you’re tough as nails. Coronavirus should be worried about you!
Second: In Kentuckiana, we have yet to be severely affected, but it is spreading. The good news is that we still have some time to prepare.
Third: Spring is coming. We’ll be able to get outside more regularly.
Fourth: Our facility is proudly cleaned and maintained by Office Pride. Our floors are always mopped and sanitized weekly. They use hospital grade “Virex 256.” Long story short, they enable us to provide the cleanest gym in Kentuckiana.
Fifth: We’re in close contact with a huge number of gym owners, and we’re learning from them so we can continue to help you. Read on –>
Short Term Procedures
For the time being, please observe the following:
– First and foremost, do not come to the gym if you start to feel sick or show any symptoms of disease. Please do not come to the gym if you are under the weather.
– Wash your hands regularly with lots of soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Scrub vigorously. Avoid touching your face.
– When you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth with a tissue, or an elbow, rather than a hand.
– If you have recently traveled to affected countries, please workout from home during the 2 week incubation period to help prevent the spread.
– Please assist by cleaning off any equipment you’ve used. We’ll make sure potent disinfectant is on hand.
Given the worldwide situation, there is the potential that public spaces will be forced to shut down (including gyms). We’ll listen for all info from the government and follow its procedures.
In the very worst case scenario we could be forced to shut down. However, we will not stop coaching you. Your fitness and health is our top priority and we want you to know it! We will utilize our online app (Trainerize) and private YouTube videos to program and instruct workouts that will be sent directly to you.
We take a lot of pride in being a lighthouse: We never go dark. And we want you to keep working out, even if the government won’t let you do it at 3306 Plaza Dr. You pay for coaching and we will continue to provide you with the same guidance, encouragement, and accountability no matter the situation at hand.
We will continue to post workouts every day for our members, and we’ll add detailed descriptions, as well as options using common household items. We will also use technology to connect with you and lead you through sessions. We’re up for the challenge.
Here’s what you can do to prepare for this possibility:
- Go out and buy a kettlebell or a set of dumbbells. You can get the necessities for $100 or less. Dick’s Sporting Goods is minutes from the gym, and there are tons of online retailers. Purchase a weight that you would use in a conditioning workout (20 and 40 lb. dumbbells). This will be your primary piece of at-home fitness equipment. Don’t worry: You can stay very fit with just one kettlebell or dumbbell.
- If you have the cash, buy one heavy object and one lighter object. Maybe a few different ones. If you have additional cash, pick up a jump rope as well. If you don’t have cash, get creative. Fill some jugs with water, clean off that old tire in the garage, and so on.
- Make a space where you can work out with 413 Online. It should be about 8 feet by 8 feet. Just don’t knock over plants or do a burpee on the dog’s tail!
- We’ll likely use YouTube as our main platform to program workouts for you if you are unable to attend.
- High-five the Internet.
We hope there are no breaks in service at our gym, but if we are required to close, we will still fight to serve you well.
We will not leave you high and dry. We’ll be offering the same enthusiasm, programming and energy over the Internet. You’re a strong person who works out. And we’re going to make sure that continues. Now is not the time to drop your priority of health! We need to be strong now, more than ever.